Post new topic   Reply to topic    Refugee League of Tamriel Forum Index -> Guild Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon

re: Guild Bank Usage (when it works at all :))

For new members wondering what the permissions, requirements and guidelines are for using our Guild Bank (when Zenimax hasn't decided to disable them for whatever reason), here are our *current* guidelines (as of 04/18/14)

#1 - As it is expected that all guild members have established themselves as being reliable and trustworthy members of the LMB, or recommended BY members of the LMB as being reliable and trustworthy, the guild bank is assumed to be "open season" - that means, that anything you find in the guild bank, that you feel would be useful to you for personal purposes, is free to take.

The same goes for deposits.  Anything you deposit in the bank, you should expect that it will, at any point, be withdrawn by another member of the guild for their own reasons - if you have *any* item that you need to store, but would prefer not to be accessed by another member, you had best deposit it in your own bank for the time being

These rules *may* change as time moves on, but if they do, it will be with guild-wide discussion and significant warning beforehand.  The only time I might make changes immediately and without warning, is if there is some reasonably expectation of a serious security breach.

#2 - DEPOSITS - please refrain from depositing 0 (zero) value items (such as most provisioning supplies) and "white" quality items.  The bank has 500 spaces, which *seems* like a lot, but for now, we want to limit the amount of "junk" that gets deposited.

Otherwise, the following items are all generally approved for deposit if you feel so inclined...

"green" and higher quality gear, any level

alchemical components

finished and raw crafting components

recipes and motifs

"cooked" foods (that is, provision recipes that are completed)

potions

runestones

**whatever else isn't specifically excluded above that I might have forgotten or didn't know existed**

#3 - clearing out items - with 500 spaces, we can probably afford to store a *lot* of stuff for quite awhile, but I know that some provisioning recipes drop fairly frequently, as do some quest related items and other things - once we have an excess of duplicates that no one seems to be using, I may pull items out to "clear out" space for more relevant items - if I do, I will try to give several days warning so that you have time to withdraw or otherwise use items that seem to have been taking up space for a very long time

What I/we do with those items may vary - we may hold a crafting deconstruction faire, possibly just sell them and deposit it as gold available in the guild bank - there are lots of options, and I'd love to see some discussion about what to do when such a situation comes up.

#4 - ACCESS - Guild bank access is restricted to member level and above - *most* members of the guild should be member level fairly easily - my only requirement is that they spend a few moments speaking to me, or another officer, while online, to confirm that they are present and playing, and that should be enough.

That's all the details I can currently think of for the bank usage guidelines - if anyone can think of any other issues, please feel free to add those questions to this thread.

Just a few observations:

Only deposit crafted food/drink items. Sell the foods you gather from the landscape as anything crafted will be much better and we have several people who can cook very well.

Same thing goes for potions - crafted potions do considerably more than things you pick up from the landscape, plus we can craft potions that do two or even three things at a time (such as restore health and magicka).

The bank doesn't stack materials that can be stacked. If there are a few dragonthorns in the bank and I add a few more, it creates two stacks, thereby wasting a bank slot. You can withdraw the flower from guild bank, and most likely it will make 2 stacks in your bag, drag and drop one on the other to combine and THEN deposit into the bank.

While there is no search feature for the bank, you can order it alphabetically or by price by clicking on the headings. It does not seem to maintain itself alphabetically, so clicking on the name heading makes finding things easier.

Hope you find these helpful!!
Happy

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Andeon

re: AMENDMENT...

I'm going to go ahead and make an amendment to the guild bank deposit rules, owing to a sudden realization that I should have had weeks ago, but took until last night to finally sink in...

I'd like to encourage white-crafted items (weapons and armor) for the purpose of deconstruction by other character to be deposited in our guild bank.

for those that haven't figured it out already, crafting your items creates craft xp - deconning items creates craft xp - deconning items YOU created creates next to no xp - however, deconning items crafted by OTHER people yields the usual amount of deconning xp - so, if you find yourself grinding out some crafted items, rather than deconning them yourself, or selling them (which can actually be moderately profitable), consider instead putting them in the guild bank to allow your other guildmates to decon them for even more xp.

of course, this means that people really *need* to withdraw items for crafting on a regular basis as well - so please, feel totally entitled to withdraw white quality items for the purpose of deconning, and feel equally free to deposit white items that YOU have crafted (if you don't have another use for them) so that other guildmates can gain xp by deconning them

as always, if anyone has any issues regarding this new policy, feel free to post those concerns here

I like the policies in place.

I also like adding noms to the Guild Bank. Lots of blues in there now for level 15-25. Enjoy! =)

Honor and fun,
Dannigan =)

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Tearna Quickfoot

re: Guild Bank Stacking Woes Resolved!!!

Zoomba!

It is an add-on. Install and /reloadui (if in the game, otherwise no need to reload), open guild bank and at the bottom on the command ribbon... to the far left is a command to scan I think it was. Click that and it automatically goes through the bank listings and stacks them for you! It will do it in your own bags as well if you have stuff in there that isn't stacked.

Awesome and fast!!! Happy

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Refugee League of Tamriel Forum Index -> Guild Rules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: