Post new topic   Reply to topic    Refugee League of Tamriel Forum Index -> Elder Scrolls Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaerri

re: GMs have declared war on the bots!

Saw this interesting-looking fellow outside the Daggerfall bank:
Forum Image

A few minutes later, we all got the following system message:
Forum Image

Much rejoicing ensued. ;)

Hooray! Thanks for sharing this. It is encouraging, though I've turned /zone chat off so I only get the occasional mail from them and it is far less painful.

We know that gold farmers can be stopped. Lotro did it and when they tried to raise their ugly little heads a few years ago (when the game went F2P?) they were cut short. Let's hope ESO is able to do the same!!

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Ranph

This morning I had my account prem banned. The reason my account was banned was because I am using an add-on with another member to move items between my characters.
I had sent some 20+ in game mails to a friend so that the add-on we are both using would kick the in game mail back to me so I could get the items on another character. I was told by
a tech support staff member that they are using automatic in game programs to catch BOTs and Gold Spammers. One of the key indicators of a BOT or Gold Spammer is mass in game
mails. That's how I got my ban, by sending the 20+ in game mails. So if you are using Wykkyd's Mail Return like myself of others, USER BEWARE!

~ Send no more than 5 in game mails in a 10 minute period.
~ Don't send large sums of gold thru the in game mail system.

I hope this post prevents anyone else from getting banned or having to go thru what I did.

FYI: ZeniMax Customer Support # (855) 296-3170

ouch - sorry to hear that Ranph! I Hope you can get that sorted out at some point...

but yeah - as much as that seems like a useful way of transferring items, it *does* also sound like exactly the kind of activity an automated spam message filter would be designed to keep an eye out for - that's an unfortunate crossover in player-designed workaround that has a lot of similarity with gold-spammer-abuse

again, I hope you can get things sorted out with ZOS - would love to see you inside ESO soon

plus, I've never mentioned it before - but that monkey creeps me out... Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: